Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971–September 13, 1996) - A man has admitted to the non-fatal 1994 shooting of Tupac Shakur funny he does it on the day Tupac was born

A man has admitted to the non-fatal 1994 shooting of Tupac Shakur, claiming he was paid $2,500 to rob the rapper at Manhattan's Quad studio. Dexter Isaac, currently serving a life sentence on unrelated charges, said he was hired by hip-hop manager Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond to ambush and mug Shakur, setting off three years of reprisals that left Shakur and Notorious BIG dead.
"Jimmy, I say to you: I have kept your secrets for years," Isaac told AllHiphop. "I have stayed silent in prison for the past 13 years, doing a life sentence like a real soldier should, when you and everybody have turned your backs on me ... Now I would like to clear up a few things, because the statute of limitations is over, and no one can be charged, and I'm just plain tired of listening to your lies. In 1994, James Rosemond hired me to rob 2Pac Shakur at the Quad studio. He gave me $2,500, plus all the jewellery I took, except for one ring, which he wanted for himself."
Isaac has spent the past decade behind bars, serving time on a 1998 indictment for murder, robbery, fraud and witness intimidation. He and Rosemond have long been linked with Shakur's robbery, though neither man was ever charged. In 2008, the LA Times published – and later retracted – an article contending that Rosemond and other associates of Sean Combs (AKA Diddy) arranged the attack as payback for Shakur's rejection of Combs's record label. The LA Times ultimately admitted their allegations were based on fabricated FBI reports. But Shakur himself had made these claims before his death. "Promised [to] pay back Jimmy Henchman in due time," he rapped on Against All Odds. "Heard the guns bust, but your tricks never shut me up ... All out warfare, eye for eye."

16 comments: